...doesn't mean I can't be random.
- The weather for the last two days has been my idea of gorgeous. 65 degrees, cloudy, windy. It's been a few years since I was able to stop and actually enjoy fall, which has always been among the best reasons to live in Michigan. In recent years, I have let it be ruined by the return to school. I've had windows and doors open as long as possible, which generally means until 2%-body-fat-Daughter gets up. This morning, she had a n afghan wrapped around her shoulders and was complaining about "the 36 degree weather." Fine. I shut the door. Until she left.
- I started reading Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, and found myself wondering what then original was like, and how much different they would be. Decided I neede to read the original first, and downloaded it from eReader. For 62 cents. I finished it in about a week, and was unimpressed. It's nowhere near the caliber of Jane Eyre, a book I think of as its partner, though Jane Eyre was written by someone else, some thirty years later. Anyway, now I am in the middle of P&P&Z, and am actually finding to be a better read than the original. Maybe what Austen needed was brain-eating zombies and ninja-trained Bennet sisters. Anyway, the Captain and I will be reviewing it on He Read/She Read. As soon as I have a date, I'll let you know.
- The Tigers lost a one-run nail-biter Tuesday afternoon to the Minnesota Twins, and now lead the Central Division by only one game. They played game two Tuesday evening, but that hasn't happened where I am writing from, so I can't tell you if I am overjoyed, or grief-stricken.
- The boy's car won't start, and it's currently parked at the martial arts school he attends. If anyone knows how to get a car to the repair place without paying $75 for towing, let me know in the comments. I don't know anyone with a tow-bar, and don't want to substitute a $100 ticket for a $75 call to the towing service. *sigh* It's always something, isn't it?
- I found out from the insurance company that my 90 mg dose wouldn't need pre-approval if I had it filled as 1-60mg and 1-30 mg per day. Hey, great! Let's do that! Of course that meant I had to pay two co-pays. Freakin' awesome. $90. Next month we'll go for the pre-approval.
- Connie Chung would like to say, "Hello."
I believe she might also like to eat the camera. Or the camera-person...
Better behave. She eats a lot of spinach. She must be very strong by now. Pretty soon she'll "muscle up to those bars, and...VOOM!"