If I disappear for too long, Captain Dumbass will send me an email checking to see if I am still alive. He sent one early this week, and I sent him a short reply, and claimed there would be more details later. Later turned out to be two days later, but basically, I sent this (after his snarky reminder of my lying lyingness):
In the last four weeks, I have:
- Run two very complex, week-long teachers' workshops
- Volunteered for 3/4 of a day at Maker Faire Detroit
- Learned that the grant that pays 2/3 of my wages is not being renewed for next year
- Gone to Buddy's family reunion, for which we hosted FIVE people, including his mom, who lives 30 minutes away
- Given Buddy two totally awesome gifts, one made by Michele, the other by Tera
- Refrained from strangling my boss, on more than one occasion
- Turned forty-fucking-eight, and celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary by collapsing at 7 p.m.
- And tried to get the swelling in my leg to go down from the injury I got four WEEKS ago
Later today (Saturday), I have a pedicure scheduled, and we will be going to a party celebrating Handy Jeff's elevation to the level of Sifu in the style of martial arts that he, Buddy, and almost-20-year-old-boy all study (Wing Chun Do).
Then, I still have two more days to recover, since I took Monday off. Theoretically, I will have time to blog again.