Gretchen got one of these:
Mary from Unmitigated - Smart, funny, loves history, Detroit girl, Zombie lover. And her Great Grandma just died, so she could use some lovin'.
First of all, thanks to G-Girl for the shout out. Secondly, Alice was Jim's grandma, and my kids' great grandma. She was actually only 13 years older than my parents! (My sister, the genealogist can jump in to the comments and tell you when my great-grandparents were born. I know at least one of my grandparents was born in 1888)We do miss her dearly, and Jim was especially close to her, so it was specially hard on him. Now he is the executor of her estate, so there's that to deal with.
Thirdly, I have been trying, lamely, to write this post all week. Last weekend, I tried to save a copy of the JPEG file, and it locked my computer up AGAIN. I love FireFox, or I used to love FireFox. But it just has never played nicely with Windows 7.
So, I gave up that night, and the next day I downloaded Google Chrome again. I want to support open-source whenever I can.
On Tuesday, I left work early because I felt awful. On Wednesday, I saw the doctor because my throat was absolutely on FIRE. She put me on the Z-Pack, and drew blood to test my thyroid, which is enlarged. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week to see if can figure out why it's enlarged. I'm not panicking. Yet.
On Thursday, I went to work just for a meeting. A two hour staff meeting, that probably could have been accomplished in 30 minutes, but, oh! we do like to talk. Even though I was whispering the whole time. My voice is very spotty today, but much less painful. Probably because I have ingested so many popsicles in the last two days. For therapeutic reasons.
Enough with the excuses. I need to tell you five things I like about myself.
3. Tap. Tap. Tap.
4. How about we just make this five things about me?
5. Otherwise, this is going to take way too long.
It's already Friday, and I suspect no one will see this until Monday, anyway, since you slackers have already shut down your computers at work and gone home for the weekend....
Good Morning, Monday People!
Five Things About Me That I May or May Not Like
1. I am a sucker for a charity. Public Radio? Check. Somebody's amazing friend lost their job and a blogger askes for donations to feed their family? Check. Local children's theater needs donations to keep the doors open? Double check. The thing is, Jim and I have always been so fortunate, I feel like it's our responsibility to help out when we can. So we do.
2. I am in a two-way tie with my 19-year-old son for Laziest Person on the Planet. He has less guilt than I do, but I have way more rationalizations. I am in it to win it.
3. I fight depression ALL.THE.TIME. If ever I stop fighting it, you'll know, because I won't have gotten out of bed. Or showered. There will be chocolate involved.
4. I am not a big fan of generic goods, except when it comes to ridiculously expensive medication, but I am a big fan of thrifting clothes and housewares. I can afford much better clothing if I get it second-hand, and I have finally learned the difference between good stuff and cheap stuff. I want clothes that don't pill or fade the first time they are washed, whose ribbing stands up to being worn more than once without becoming misshapen, and pants that are lined, with buttons that remain on the clothing. I'm spoiled like that. And all for less than $10.
5. I've been blogging for nearly three years, slightly over 700 posts. I have more "close" friends that I've never met, than I have IRL close friends.