Anyone know where that little idiom came from?
- Not in the Budget: Shopping e-mail lits to which I have recently unsubscribed: Barnes & Noble, Sears, JCPenney, Victoria's Secret, Eddie Bauer (whimper), Ann Taylor, Kohl's, Christopher & Banks, PLUS: Pickens Plan, Travel Ticker, the Democratic Party, University of Michigan Alumni, and Michigan Education Association. Sorry folks. I don't have the cash, and I don't want the temptation.
- On the other hand....businesses that support LGBT equality include Target, Amazon, Borders, B&N Costco, eBay, Sears, Walgreens, JCPenney, the Limited, Staples, CVS, Office Max, Home Depot, Nordstrom, Macy's Gap, and Levi. Those are just the ones I shop at regularly.
- The ones that can't have my money anymore? Kohl's, Foot Locker, Meijer, Wal-Mart (not that I shopped there in the first place), Dollar General, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Lowe's and Nine West.
- The Human Rights Campaign sent out the Holiday Buying for Equality Guide this week. Get the 2010 Buyer's Guide in PDF form here.
- Totally lame: everything but the kitchen sink
almost all that you can imagine of something Here's a website that simply has everything but the kitchen sink.
Etymology: based on the idea that if you brought many things to someone, a kitchen sink is one of the last things you would bring because it is difficult to move
- It's approaching 1:00a.m. Tuesday as I write this. I was asleep. I started coughing which woke me up. My back has been on the verge of spasm for a couple days now, so I panicked when I was coughing thinking it would push me over the edge, but it didn't.
- And I remembered I hadn't done this yet. So I got up for a bit.
- One evening, around 7:00 p.m., I ordered a pair of gym shoes for my son through Zappos. They arrived the next morning before 10:00 a.m. I was flabbergasted.
- Current reads: almost done with Marrying George Clooney by Amy Ferris. I'm reading that one for a review on my blog. About halfway through The Gathering Storm, Winston Churchill's fascinating story of the lead up to World War II. I realized I knew more about Tudor England than I did of any recent history. I've heard this Winston kid has a real future.
- Quick! Cover up the RTT badge. How many of the objects on it can you name without looking at it?
- Go see Keely for more Random Tuesday Thoughts.
All the stuff I forgot to include at an hour I am usually in dreamland:
- There are two- count 'em!- two new posts up at Unfocused for your viewing pleasure.
- The Captain displays the usual zombie magic at his fingertips over at the Zombie News Network
- My family recipe for the best.stuffing.ever. can be found this year at the Women's Colony. Ladies, be sure to visit all the rooms while you are there. I promise it will be worth your time!